A Few of My Favorite Things

  • God and all that goes with Him
  • Time Spent With Family
  • Bedtime Prayers
  • Family/Group Hugs
  • The Beach
  • Good Friends
  • Good Music
  • Laughter

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Longing For Home

How my soul is longing for home,
My heart is weary, lonely, and torn.
But your word Father offers sweet hope,
As I read through your promises I come.

I'm counting the days Lord for your sweet return,
And I number the blessings as my course is run.
I look to your word Lord and follow your lead,
For Heaven's glory is a treasure I want to see.

The moments of pain turn into sighs,
I wait for your time Lord my details to find.
The nights feel like years when filled with pain,
Yet each breath is a beat closer to my heavenly gain.

The Deceiver wants to keep me firm in his grasp,
The lies that he whispers are hard to let pass.
Yet your word my Father shines on and on,
To reveal that you haven't left me here on my own.

Praise to the One who sees my pain,
Glory to the keeper of my tears.
Your promises are mighty your love untold,
I shout victory for by Jesus I'm saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment