A Few of My Favorite Things

  • God and all that goes with Him
  • Time Spent With Family
  • Bedtime Prayers
  • Family/Group Hugs
  • The Beach
  • Good Friends
  • Good Music
  • Laughter

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Scriptures that Comfort





**My heart is full this morning, two families have lost young men serving the Lord preaching the gospel. I know what it’s like to be one of the family members to get unexpected call with news you feel is 40 to 50 years too early. I can tell you I’ve seen souls won since we lost our dear ones, friendships turned into family, and sorrow into joy. What I can’t say is that I miss them any less, in fact, some days are harder…there are memories they are supposed to be making with us. I can say I’m thankful they never have to face the ugliness and pain of this world again, that they are where I long to be. I’m thankful for the promises of no tears and sorrow, for the promise of singing songs of praise for eternity. I didn’t know either family personally, but my heart breaks for them and what I know they must face. May they find strength and comfort as we did in the knowing that our God is faithful to keep his promises and that one day (Lord willing very soon) we will meet again never to part.**

In You, O Lord, do I put my trust and confidently take refuge; let me never be put to shame or confusion!
Psalms 71:1

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
Psalms 18:2

If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever loses his life for me will find it.
Matthew 16:24-25

You will call upon Me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:12-13

The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made. Psalms 145:13

The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in Him with all my heart.
Psalms 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment