A Few of My Favorite Things

  • God and all that goes with Him
  • Time Spent With Family
  • Bedtime Prayers
  • Family/Group Hugs
  • The Beach
  • Good Friends
  • Good Music
  • Laughter

Friday, March 5, 2010

Throwing A Pity Party for Yourself.

I don't know about the rest of you out there, but any time I do something "good" the next day for me headache wise is basically a wash. The weather here was absolutely gorgeous and it was perfect for making a stop by the park on the way home. But -and I really do hate that word- the sun is so bright that I can't handle being out in it for long at a time. So that meant no trip to the park. For those of you who knew before the headache, you know I was someone who was constantly busy and loved it. The hardest part for me with headache is having to say no to the simple fun things that I used to do and so want to do now. So yesterday afternoon, as I sat in the pick-up line in my car with tinted windows and dark sunglasses with the sun shining in like a football field with all the lights on shining directly into my window I held a pity party for myself. I even stopped and picked up a vanilla steamer (wishing it could be hot chocolate but that's another thing the headache has taken from me) and went to sit in the pick up line waiting for my little man to get out of school. I gave myself permission to sit and cry and be pitiful for a while. Then spent sometime getting rid of the tears and working on pulling out my happy face. My baby deserves to see a happy mommy, and when he jumps in my car with his big sweet smile the joy rolls in. I guess the point I'm trying to make (if there really is a point today other than therapy for me)is it's OK to "mourn" the person you used to be, but try not to stay at the party too long. Find something or someone to do or take care of, even if it means just running through the drive-thru at McDonald's and picking up a Star Wars happy meal. May God bless you with a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment